Learning in Wartime
The Crisis of the Ordinary and Mundane
Dane Bundy retells the story behind C.S. Lewis' "Mere Christianity" and speaks with Bryce Ballard about the challenge of living faithfully in the ordinary and mundane. Chelsea Carrier joins the show again, speaking about the Christian imagination in the life of J.R.R. Tolkien and his short story, "Leaf by Niggle." Finally, Dane closes the episode up with improv!
- IN CHRIST: Dane Bundy and Bryce Ballard discuss the Scriptural basis for God's high call to the ordinary person amid the mundane.
- ON STORIES: Dane Bundy and Chelsea Carrier discuss J.R.R. Tolkien's short story, "Leaf by Niggle." They announce that next week they'll be discussing Ray Bradbury's short story, "The Pedestrian."
- IN A MOMENT'S NOTICE: In this improvised segment, Dane Bundy asks Providence faculty and staff to collaboratively tell a story one word at a time.
- Killers by Kevin MacLeod
- Link: https://incompetech.filmmusic.io/song/3952-killers
- License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/